To be Exact the error may read “Error code: 0x800704cf . The network location cannot be reached“. The error may be irritating as it prevents you from accessing Network PC to share files or do any other tasks.
Fixing Windows Can’t access Error Code 0x800704cf
Method 1: Uncheck Client for Microsoft Network
To fix 0x800704cf error on your system, you simply need to uncheck the Client for Microsoft network Option. Which in many case have solved the error code problem for many users. Lets see how it is done.
Step 1: Right Click on Network icon from taskbar and click on “Open Network and sharing center.” Alternatively, you can even search your PC for Open Network and Sharing Center.
Step 2: Once the Windows opens up, Click on Change Adapter settings from the left pane.
Step 4: Properties dialog will show up. Now Uncheck very first option which should be Client for Microsot Network and click OK.
Once all steps are done, Go and Check if you still get error code 0x800704cf or not.
Method 2: Reset TCP/IP stack.
To Reset TCP/Ip will need to execute few commands in Command prompt window. Make sure you open Command prompt as administrator to execute commands mentioned below.
- Right click on Start and click on Command Prompt(Admin)
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” and hit Enter. This will Clear the DNS Cache.
- Now again write “nbtstat -RR” before hitting Enter. This will Refresh netBIOS Names.
- Next type “netsh int ip reset” and Enter to Reset IP settings.
- Lastly execute “netsh winsock reset” command and hit enter to Reset Winsock Catalog.
After executing all 4 commands properly, Reboot your PC. This should fix Error code 0x800704cf if TCP/Ip Proves to be a problem.
Method 3: Uninstall Network Adapters.
- Search your PC for “Device Manager.”
- Click on the Result shown to Open it.
- Click on View and select “Show Hidden Devices”.
- Expand Network Adapter to see a list of Adapters on your PC.
- Now Uninstall them all One by one.
- Next, Click on Action and Select “Scan for Hardware changes“
That is it, You are done with this Method of Uninstalling and Installing Network Adapters. You should have most probably fixed the 0x800704cf error on your system.
Let us know which method worked for you in comments below. if you have any other method that has worked for you and would like to share with us, then do it in the Comment section.
Thank you have visited this post, I wish this post which discuss about 0x800704cf: Windows Network PC Error code Fixed can be useful for you.