Probably, You have Wi-Fi router in your home. So, You can easily access internet from your tab, smartphone and notebook. If you have a desktop PC without Wi-Fi receiver availability, You may be using ethernet connection. However, Have you ever experienced “frequent disconnection from Wi-Fi or ethernet network” problem? For Windows 10, 8 and 7 users, The answer is probably yes. But, It has easy solutions. You can simply fix wi-fi network frequent disconnection problem.
Normally, This types of problems occur more in old laptop computers. It is because of the hardware failure. In that case, You won’t have much to do. But, If you are facing similar problems in newly bought or a good notebook / laptop or tab, It will be real problem. You may keep facing this wi-fi network keeps disconnecting problem. In that case, You will have to give your effort to resolve this unexpected issue.
How to Fix Windows Keeps Disconnecting from Wi-Fi Problem:
Okay, It’s time to do something to prevent wifi disconnecting issue in your windows 10, 8 or 7. Here are some methods which are reportedly known as working solutions.
1. Check for Latest Driver Update:
It is the first method that you should try to resolve any problems that may be a result of driver incompatibility. Updating your Wi-Fi driver can solve all incompatibility issues which may fix PC keeps disconnecting from WiFi problem. To update it, You can do following things.
- At first, Press Win + R, Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. It will open device manager.
- Then, Expand Network Adapters.
- Now, Right click on the WiFi driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Then, Choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow on screen instructions.
- You also should do it for other network adapters and restart your PC.
- Now, You should find Windows keeps disconnecting from wifi problem has been fixed.
2. Modify Power Settings:
This is our second effective method to solve frequent wifi disconnecting issue in windows computers. For laptops or notebooks, Windows has power plan feature. Which works to save battery life which is also an important thing. But, Sometimes, It may have a bad effect. You may not get full performance from your PC, If you have battery saver or balanced mode enabled. High Performance plan is the way to get full from your PC. But, It can significantly drain your battery. However, In high performance mode, You may have less chance to randomly experience windows keeps disconnecting from wifi. If you don’t feel comfortable with it, You can do another thing. Just, Disable battery saver functionality in wifi driver. It may fix any wifi disconnecting issues in windows 10, 8 or 7.
Here are the instructions you can follow.
- Just open Windows Device Manager like method 1.
- Then, Double click on your wi-fi adapter.
- Open Power management tab.
- Uncheck Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click OK and Restart your PC.
- From now, You should not face disconnecting issue on wifi.
3. Disabling / Enabling Wireless:
This can be a temporary solution to fix wifi disconnecting issue in windows. Just, Follow these things:
- First of all, Disconnect from Wi-Fi.
- Then, Press Win + R to open RUN.
- Now, Type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter.
- After that right click on your Wireless adapter and then choose Disable.
- Again, Right click on it and click on Enable.
- Most of the laptops or notebooks have function key to enable or disable wireless connectivity. You also can use that.
- Now, See you are not facing problem anymore.
In fact, This is a temporary solution to fix windows frequent wi-fi disconnecting problem. So, You should not rely upon only this method. Do follow next.
4. Reset TCP/IP Stack:
Now, Another thing you can do is resetting TCP/IP Stack and autotuning. In lenovo support site, I found this method. It also can help regarding this wifi disconnecting issue. You can use some commands to do this.
- At first, Press Win + X from keyboard.
- Now, Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then, Run the following commands.
NETSH INT IP RESET C:RESTLOG.TXT
NETSH INT TCP SET HEURISTICS DISABLED
NETSH INT TCP SET GLOBAL AUTOTUNINGLEVEL=DISABLED
NETSH INT TCP SET GLOBAL RSS=ENABLED
- Restart your computer to complete this process.
- It should fix windows Wi-Fi disconnecting problem in your laptop/notebook.
5. Reset Connection:
If problem still exists, You can reset your connection settings by using some commands. It is very useful to troubleshoot any internet connectivity problems.
- Open Command Prompt as administrator like previous method.
- Then, Type the following commands and hit enter for each.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- Now, Check, If it helps to fix windows keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
6. Disable IEEE 802.1X Authentication
Sometimes IEEE 802.1X authentication can cause frequent / repeatedly Wi-Fi disconnecting issue in Windows or any other operating systems. So, You can try disabling this feature and see if it fixes the problem. Here are the instructions to disable it.
- First of all, Open RUN, Type ncpa.cpl and click on OK. It will open network connections.
- Now, Right click on your wireless connection and choose properties.
- Then, Click on Configured.
- Now, Disable 802.1X Authentication.
Note: You may not find this option. But, There may be similar options available. Just try disabling it and see if it helps.
7. An Weird Method to Fix Windows Wi-Fi Disconnecting Issue:
It is really an weird method. So, I have put it at last. If you are using windows 10 or 8.x, Just enable airplane mode. Then, Only enable Wi-Fi. Except this all other wireless connectivity like bluetooth will remain disabled. For some users, It worked great. They know more face wifi disconnection problem.
If you still encounter this problem, I would like to try to run SFC or DISM Command. If problem exists even after resetting windows, It may be an issue of hardware or your router. Try troubleshooting your router.
I hope, These tricks will be helpful for you to fix randomly wi-fi disconnecting problem in windows.
Thank you have visited this post Best Ways to Fix Windows Wi-Fi Disconnecting Problem. I wish this post can be useful for you… 🙂