In this article, You are going to know about a windows camera app problem and how to fix it. Windows 10, 8.x have built-in camera app. Now, This is more developed. But, Sometimes users may encounter some problems. While using or after launching this app, It may show you a message like “We can’t find your camera“. This problem may display any error code so that you can get troubleshooting ways more easily. The most common one is error 0xA00F4244. Basically, This code comes with a message like this.
We can’t find your camera check to make sure that it’s connected and installed properly, that it isn’t being blocked by anti-virus software, and that your camera drivers are up to date. if you need it, here’s the error code: 0xA00F4244(0xC00D365D5)
This problem can be caused by several things. Basically, It happens when windows can’t detect your camera hardware. If you webcam is damaged, Windows may show you this error message. Else, Bugs in Windows 10 camera app, Conflict with other programs or services, webcam driver problem etc. are some common reasons.
Here are a few methods that can resolve this issue.
Check If Camera App has Required Permission:
Sometimes, You may prevent apps to use your camera by changing some settings by mistake. If it happens you may see error code after opening camera app. Here are the things to fix this problem.
- First of all, Press Win + I from keyboard. It will open Settings.
- Now, Go to Privacy > Camera.
- Then, Turn on the switch Let apps use my camera.
Reset Camera App:
If your camera app data becomes corrupted, You may face many errors while using it. Resetting camera app may fix we can’t find your camera error 0xA00F4244 or other similar problems. Here are instructions.
- Navigate to Start > Settings > System > Apps & Features.
- Now, Find the built-in Camera app and click on it.
- Then, Click on Advanced options.
- Now, Click on Reset.
- After resetting, Reopen the camera app and see if it resolves we can’t find your camera problem.
Run Windows App Troubleshooter to Fix Camera Error 0xA00F4244:
If your camera app has any problem which is causing can’t find camera error 0xa00f4344, This method may help you. Windows app troubleshooter normally detect and fixes common app errors which can be helpful for you. Here are instructions you can follow.
- Open Start Menu, type troubleshooting and hit enter.
- Click on View all.
- Find Windows Store Apps and click on it.
- Now, Follow the on screen instructions.
You also can download this troubleshooter and run it. This will do same thing. If troubleshooter finds any problem in your camera app and repair it, This will also fix we can’t find camera error 0xA00F4244.
Update or Rollback Webcam Driver:
When you face this kind of problems, Your first step should be updating your webcam driver. To do it, Simply follow these things:
- At first, Open RUN by pressing Win + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Now, Find Imaging Devices from the driver list and expand it.
- Then, Right click on your webcam driver and choose Update driver software.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software and then follow onscreen instructions.
- Restart your computer and open your windows camera app.
- Now, See if it fixes can’t find camera error 0xA00F4244.
Sometimes, Recent update of your webcam driver may have problem or it may be incompatible with your windows version. If you face the error 0xA00F4244 after recent driver update, You may need to rollback it to previous version. To do it –
- From device manager, Expand imaging devices like before.
- Now, Double click on the webcam driver.
- Then, Click on Driver tab.
- Now, Click on Roll Back driver and follow onscreen instructions.
- After doing it, Restart your PC and see if it fixes error 0xA00F4244.
Tweak Registry Settings:
It may or may not work. But, There are a large number of users who found this helpful. There is good chance that it will fix your problem. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open RUN, type regedit and hit Enter. It will open windows registry editor.
- Now, Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows Media Foundation > Platform.
- Right click on Platform and go to New > DWORD.
- Create new DWORD file and give it value of 0.
- Restart your computer and see it has fixed windows camera error 0xA00F4244.
Check Antivirus Settings or Disable it:
To protect your privacy, Some antivirus programs restricts other apps from using your webcam. It can be a reason behind windows app saying we can’t find your camera problem. So, Open Antivirus and find relevant settings and disable that option. If you don’t find, Just disable antivirus temporarily and see what happens.
Re-Install Webcam Driver:
If the problem still exists, I suggest you to uninstall camera driver and reinstall it again. To do it –
- Open Windows Device Manager.
- Expend Imaging Device and right click on webcam driver.
- Now, Choose Uninstall.
- After uninstalling, Click on Action > Scan for hardware changes from the navigation menu.
- Now, Windows will detect your webcam and install its driver automatically.
- Then, Open Camera app and see if it “fixes we can’t find your camera error 0xA00F4244”.
Check If Your Webcam is Damaged:
Sometimes, Your webcam may be fully or partially damaged. It may create trouble to your camera app or other programs. So, You also should check from other services like skype desktop app or skype web. If you see skype is not detecting or having problem to use your camera, You can be sure that your webcam is damaged or there is something wrong. For better assistance, You should contact support of your PC or webcam manufactur.
These are some pretty good solutions to resolve can’t find camera error 0xA00F4244. You may post on microsoft support forum to get more help to fix this issue.
Thank you have visited this post Fix We Can’t Find Your Camera Error 0xA00F4244. I wish this post can be useful for you… 🙂