Sometimes, You may need more than one user accounts your windows PC. In that case, There is an option that let you easily create, edit or modify and delete any user account. There is also scope of edit permissions for each user account. Many of us are already familiar with it. But, Still there are users who are not known to it. This article is for them.
Create User Account:
In earlier version of windows, There was option to create account from Control Panel > User Accounts. But, In windows 10, You will need to do it differently.
To create a new user account –
- Press Windows Key + I from keyboard to open Settings. You also can open it from start menu.
- Now, Go to Accounts > Family & other people.
- Click on Add someone else to this PC.
- Now, You will be asked for email or phone number of new user. If this user already has microsoft account, They will need to login by using the same password. If you don’t want it, Just click on “I don’t have this person’s sign in information”.
- Now, You will be asked to create a new microsoft account for new user. If you want to create just a local account, Click on “Add a user without microsoft account“.
- In new window, Just put new username, password and password hint and click on next.
Create New User Account by Command Prompt:
If you want to create just a local user account, Probably it will be more easier to you. To do it –
- Open Command Prompt as administrator.
- Run the following command.
net user Username Password /add
Here, You will need to replace username with your preferred name and replace password with your preferred one. For example, I want to create an account named hasib and password is 12345. So, the whole command should be like this –
net user hasib 12345 /add
By this way, You can create any user account very easily.
Edit and Assign Permissions to New User Account:
After creating new user accounts, By default, It should be a basic account without any administrator permissions. But, You can give it special permissions and admin rights.
Make User an Administrator:
If you want to make it as admin, Just follow these instructions.
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts > Family & Other People.
- Now, Click on the new account and then click on Change account type.
- Now, Change option from Standard user to Administrator.
Assign Accesses to New User:
You may want to restrict new user and just want to give it a few app access. So, Here are the instructions to follow.
- In Family and Other people window, You should see an option “Set up assigned access”. Just click on it.
- Now, Choose which account you are going to restrict and giving an only app access.
- Then, Choose the app that you want to let this user open.
Edit Account Name:
If you want to change or edit name,
- Just go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts.
- Then click on Manage another account.
- Now, Choose the account.
- Then, You will have the options to change name.
Delete New User Account:
You can delete a user account in 3 ways. These are –
Remove Account from Settings:
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Family & Other People.
- Click on the user account and choose Remove.
Delete from Control Panel:
- Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts.
- Choose Manage another account.
- Select the account you want to delete.
- Then click on Delete the account.
Delete by Command Prompt:
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type the following command and hit Enter.
net user username /delete
Just, Replace username with your one. For example:
net user hasib /delete
If this article helps you, Please do share with your friends in social media.
Thank you have visited this post, I wish this post which discuss about How to Create, Edit and Delete User Account in Windows 10 can be useful for you.