No users expect an error in their computers. But, Reality is very cruel. Sometimes, You may have to face error before computer boots up completely. Probably, You are familiar with logonUI.exe. Most windows login errors are related to this application. So, In this article, You will learn how to fix logonui.exe login errors in windows.
LogonUI.exe is an important application of windows. Without it, You can’t expect any good interface of login screen. When this file gets corrupted by anything, You may have to stuck at login screen and your PC will show you an error message in a new window related to LogonUI.exe. Often, The error messages may indicate a bad image error or memory problem. It also may indicate any .dll files like crypt32.dll which is mainly missing or corrupted. As a result, Logonui.exe is not running properly. Resolving this type of errors is very easy. But, Sometimes, It may ruin your day without a good result.
Ways to Fix LogonUI.exe Login Error in Windows:
How you will repair logonUI.exe errors depends on many things. If the error message in the popup small window indicate any .dll file, You may need to fix or replace that file. If it show any error code, You will have to fix it differently. Anyway, Here are some common ways that should help you.
1. Boot Into Safe Mode and Remove Recently Installed / Updated Programs:
This is the first thing you can do. At first, Boot into safe mode. Then, Uninstall any recently installed program. Specially, If you have installed any login security software related to finger print and facial recognition such as Fast access or similar to this, Just uninstall it temporarily. Then, Restart your PC in normal mode. Hopefully, It will fix logonui.exe boot up error.
2. Update Display Adapter:
Sometimes, Display adapter may cause logonui.exe related problems. So, I recommend you to boot into safe mode with networking and update the display adapter. If display adapter is the main culprit, It will fix your problem.
3. Run Startup Repair:
Startup repair is an amazing way to resolve boot up related problems of windows. But, You will require windows bootable media, If you can’t access your PC. Just, Insert the bootable media and restart your PC. Then, Select repair option from the windows setup window. Then, Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair and follow on screen instructions. It may “fix logonui.exe related problems”.
4. Replace .dll or LogonUI.exe File:
If the logonui.exe error message indicates any .dll file, You should replace it with the fresh one. You can simply boot into safe mode with command prompt and download the .dll file from online and replace in C:WindowsSystem 32. But, If you can’t access your PC even in safe mode, You will have to download or collect the missing .dll file and copy it to a pendrive. Then, You can replace in a different way. To do it, You will need a windows bootable pendrive or DVD. Suppose, The file is gdiplus.dll. So, At first, We have to copy it to a bootable pendrive. Then, Follow these instructions.
- Insert the bootable pendrive in your PC.
- When windows setup window appears, Press Shift + F10 from keyboard. It will open command prompt.
- Now, Type regedit and press enter.
- In registry editor, Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Then, Click on File and then Load hive.
- This will open a new window like file explorer. Where you can find every local disks and everything like file explorer.
- Try to copy the gdiplus.dll and paste it to Windows Installation Drive:windowsSystem32.
- If it says something like doesn’t have enough memory, You can do this task in command prompt.
- In command prompt, Type the following commands:
copy D:gdiplus.dll E:windowssystem32gdiplus.dll
- Here, D is the drive letter for pendrive and E is the drive letter for windows installation drive. You can replace them with your own.
- After doing this, Restart your computer and try to login into your PC.
- I hope, It will fix logonui.exe login error.
Note: By this way, You also can replace logonui.exe file.
5. Repair Corrupted System Files:
Running SFC and DISM commands can be helpful to get rid of logonui.exe errors. These commands simply fix corrupted and missing system files. As logonui.exe is a system file related error, These commands may fix this problem. Read: How to Repair Corrupted System Files to know more details.
6. Fix Memory Issues:
Sometimes, LogonUI.exe error message may indicate memory problems. In that case, You will need to take steps to fix memory problem. It will also fix logonui.exe login error. Read: Fix RAM Problems. Follow instructions from that article. In case, You can’t do anything normally, You may do in safe mode.
These are common ways to fix logonui.exe boot error of windows. But, In case, These don’t work, You may consider system restore. You also can reinstall windows to get rid of this problem completely.
Thank you have visited this post, I wish this post which discuss about How to Fix LogonUI.exe Login Error in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 can be useful for you.