Windows 10 users may have to face some unexpected problems sometimes. Volume icon missing on taskbar is one of them. Specially, After windows 10 anniversary update, More peoples are complaining this issue. Normally, It is not a major problem. But, When you don’t see volume icon on taskbar frequently, It may annoy you a lot. But, You can get rid of this problem very easily.
Fix Volume Icon Missing After Windows 10 Anniversary Update
To solve this problem, You can follow 3 methods. Any of them should work.
Method 1: Enable Volume Icon from Taskbar Settings
After latest update of windows 10, You will have a new option named Settings when you right click on the taskbar. You can enable volume icon from there. Here are the instructions –
- Right click on Taskbar and choose Settings.
- Click on Turn system icons on or off.
- Now, You will have all system icons list for taskbar. Enable volume icon from there.
Sometimes, You may see that icon is grayed or inactive in settings. Even, You may not see the icon after enabling from settings. In that case, You can follow next two methods.
Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer
Sometimes, Windows explorer may not be loaded properly. That’s why, Some icons on taskbar may be missing or may not work when you click on that. In that case, Restarting windows explorer from task manager can be extremely helpful. Though it is a temporary fix. Anyway, Here is how to do it –
- Right click on taskbar and click on Task Manager.
- Now, Change its view mode by clicking on More details. If it is already in detailed view mode, You won’t need to do anything.
- Then, Find Windows Explorer from the active processes. You can press W from keyboard to find it more quickly.
- Now, Right click on Windows Explorer and choose Restart.
After doing it, You should see the volume icon on taskbar. If not, Please follow next method.
Method 3: Enable Volume Icon from Group Policy
If first two methods fail to resolve the volume icon missing problem in taskbar, You can try fix it by tweaking settings in windows group policy editor. To do it –
- Press Windows Key + R to open RUN.
- Type gpedit.msc and hit Enter.
- Now, Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar.
- Now, Double click on Remove the volume control icon like screenshot.
- Now, Set the setting to Disabled or Not Configured.
- Close everything and restart windows.
Now, See if it fixes the problem. Sometimes, You may find everything is OK and configured correctly. But, Still volume icon is missing. In that case, I would like to suggest you to reset windows.
If you know any better solution, You can share with us.
Thank you have visited this post, I wish this post which discuss about How to Fix Volume Icon Missing in Windows 10 Taskbar can be useful for you.