What is Apple ID?
An Apple ID is a necessity when it comes to installing apps and other items found in Apple Stores. It will also be able to help back up your files in case any of them get deleted. It’s a useful account that helps you download and back up the files and apps you both need and want.
A perk about the Apple ID is that you are able to sign it into multiple iOS devices, so if you use more than one Apple device, you can sign into it using your own Apple ID and be able to install apps or files from your previous Apple device for easier storage and installation. But it may get confusing as to how you’ll be able to see all your iOS devices associated with your Apple ID. Plus, it can also be a bit annoying having to choose from an extensive list of old Apple devices you do not use anymore and would like to remove.
Fortunately, there are ways on how you’ll be able to see all the iOS devices and PCs you have associated with your Apple ID.
How to See iOS Devices Associated With Your Apple ID?
The reason why you would want to do this is in order to keep track of the iOS devices you have, as well as cancel or add iOS devices if ever it gets lost or stolen for removal of the Apple ID, or if you bought a new one that needs to be added. There are three main ways to track the iOS devices signed into your Apple ID:
1. iTunes in the Cloud (For all your devices connected to your iOS device)
It must sound like an odd name, but it actually is quite useful. It is found under your iCloud account, which is one of the other popular accounts Apple has made for their customers. To check the list of devices connected to your Apple ID, you will need to do the following:
- Go to iTunes and your account.
- You will then be able to see the iTunes in the Cloud section, where you are able to find all the devices you have authorized to connect media with Apple.
- Click Manage Devices, and you will be directed to a list, where more information is seen such as the device and name you put for that certain device, as well as the date you connected your device with your Apple ID.
- Now, you are able to edit and remove devices from that Apple ID.
2. iTunes Authorizations (To see if your computer is authorized by iTunes)
When Apple created iTunes back in 2003, you are only able to download or play music into your iOS device from 3 different PCs. The limit sucked, but fortunately, they made it available for until 5 PCs in 2009. This means that your Apple ID and iOS devices signed into your PC will be authorized by it, making it part of the list of iOS devices associated with your Apple ID.
You are able to check it out through following these steps:
- Go to iTunes > Account > View My Account. You will then be shown how many computers have been authorized to play your music coming from your Apple device.
- You are able to authorize or unauthorize your PC through the Account > Authorizations menu.
- Once it is authorized, you are now able to play media found in your Apple device. If ever there is a bug and Apple says you have reached your limit of computer authorizations, then you may have to restart and deauthorize all your PC devices again and authorize it one by one.
Note that you won’t be able to find a list of PCs connected to your Apple ID or authorized by iTunes, only if the PC you are using at the moment is connected.
3. Apple ID Device List (To see the comprehensive list of your iOS devices signed into your Apple ID)
This is the most comprehensive and specific list out of the three methods. Simply log in to your Apple ID account online at applied.apple.com, and look for the Devices in the sections the website shows. Compared to iTunes, you are able to see everything and the look is much easier to understand, with all the information of the iOS devices connected with your Apple ID included. You can even see the iOS versions and the serial numbers to ensure that the iOS devices signed into your Apple ID are yours!
With these methods and tips on how to check your iOS device for an Apple ID, you will hopefully be able to see every device and track the iPhones or iPads signed into your account. That way, you will be able to edit, add, or remove accounts with ease. If ever your device is signed into your Apple account but it doesn’t show, then you may have to redo the whole process and logout to sign in again. If the problem still persists, you can contact Apple Support for help, or find more tips and articles online that will help identify and track your devices associated with your Apple ID. Have control of your iOS devices and be able to edit them with these methods!
Thank you have visited this post, I wish this post which discuss about How to See Devices Associated With Your Apple ID can be useful for you.