According to a new report from the Korea Herald, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will not only feature a pressure-sensitive S-Pen stylus, but the display itself will also have pressure-sensitive capabilities.
The report describes it as a “force touch” display, however, it may well be that the implementation is similar to the Galaxy S8 series where the area at the bottom of the display is pressure-sensitive to replicate the Home key functions. Alternatively, it could be like recent iPhone handsets where the entire display panel responds to different levels of touch force.
At present that pretty much wraps up the extent of this last-minute rumour. The Galaxy Note 8 launch is happening on August 23 so there’s not long to wait, though there may be enough time for more details on this subject to leak out.
In the meantime though, another leak has shown the apparent official roadmap for Samsung’s Galaxy Note 8 release date and pre-order plans.
As per earlier rumours, the official arrival date in will be September 15, but a pre-activation period for the will begin on September 9. Consumers will be able to try out the Galaxy Note 8 between August 25 and August 31 by visting Samsung retail stores or carrier network outlets.
The roadmap leaked in Korean and applies to South Korea, but it will likely also apply to the US (due to the New York launch) and other regions as well.
Here’s the full translated roadmap:
- August 23: Announcement of Galaxy Note 8 in New York
- August 25- August 31: Events for experiencing Galaxy Note 8 beforehand (Samsung Digital Plaza, mobile network providers’ retail stores)
- September 1- September 10: Preorder period for Galaxy Note 8
- September 11: Event for activation of first Galaxy Note 8 by three South Korean mobile network providers (celebrity event)
- September 11- September 14: Sequential activations of Galaxy Note 8 preorders
- September 15: Official release date of Galaxy Note 8
Hey, thank for your visiting to this post Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Roadmap Tipped, Plus Pressure Sensitive Display. I wish this post provide some useful informations about mobile technology for you.
The Source link of this post.