Mac users, Macphun’s all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as “Highly Recommended”. Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code “PHOTOBLOG” to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun’s all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as “Highly Recommended”. Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
The third edition of the ZEISS Photography Award is now open for entries. Launching with a new brief of “Seeing Beyond – Untold Stories”, photographers from around the world are invited to submit their best series of work before the competition closes on 6 February 2018. The winner and a shortlist of up to ten talented photographers will be announced on 3 April. Winning images, as well as selected shortlisted photographers, will be shown alongside the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House in London, from 20 April – 6 May.
Zeiss Press Release
ZEISS Photography Award launches its third edition
- Judges search for a series of images that capture an untold story
- Enter at www.worldphoto.org/zeiss
- Closing date: February 6, 2018
October 10, 2017: The third edition of the ZEISS Photography Award opens for entries today. Launching with a new brief of “Seeing Beyond – Untold Stories”, photographers from around the world are invited to submit their best series of work at www.worldphoto.org/zeiss before the competition closes on February 6, 2018.
Entries will be reviewed by a leading panel of photography experts:
- Chris Hudson (Art Director, National Geographic Traveller, UK)
- Patricia Morvan (Cultural Projects and Exhibition, Agence VU’, France)
- Peter Bas Mensink (Publisher, GUP Magazine, Netherlands)
Click to read the judges’ biographies.
Launched in 2016 by the World Photography Organisation and ZEISS, the ZEISS Photography Award asks photographers to respond to a set brief in creative and unique ways and is designed to challenge the creative boundaries of those entering,
The 2018 brief, “Seeing Beyond – Untold Stories”, requires photographers to present a strong series of five to ten images that look beyond the ordinary and every day. “Untold Stories” is intended to be understood in its broadest sense – the work could explore a familiar theme told from a different perspective or it could address an issue that has previously had little attention. All forms of photography are welcome and judges are specifically looking for series of works that have a strong narrative. The ‘Untold Story’ that the photographer presents must be visually clear in the submitted images.
The 2017 ZEISS Photography Award attracted more than 30,000 images from photographers from 132 countries.
One winner and a shortlist of up to ten talented photographers will be announced on April 3, 2018. The winner will receive:
- €12,000 worth of ZEISS lenses
- €3,000 travel expenses to complete a photography project of their choice in the location of their choice.
- A day at the ZEISS Headquarters in Germany including comprehensive lens training and a tour including the ZEISS museum
- Exposure across both World Photography Organisation and ZEISS platforms
- The winner will be flown to London to attend an award ceremony on April 19, 2018
- Winning images, as well as selected shortlisted photographers, will be shown alongside the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House in London, from April 20 – May 6, 2018
Thank you for your interest to visit this page ZEISS Photography Award Now Open for Entries. I hope this review can be an additional reference for you.