Virginia Tech’s offseason has been pretty eventful, to say the least, with numerous player losses and coach resignations, especially on the defensive side of the ball. It’s Justin Fuente’s third year in Blacksburg, and he’s already had to deal with a lot before Week 1 even rolled around.
Look at all the Hokies have lost on defense over the last six months:
Most of these guys were 2017 starters or potential 2018 starters.
- DT Tim Settle: Drafted by Washington in the fifth round of the NFL Draft
- LB Tremaine Edmunds: Drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the first round
- FS Terrell Edmunds: Drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first round
- CB Greg Stroman: Drafted by the Chargers in the seventh round
- LB Andrew Motuapuaka: Signed by Jacksonville
- CB Brandon Facyson: Signed with Chargers
- Co-defensive coordinator Galen Scott: Resigned after misuse of recruiting trips became public.
- CB Adonis Alexander: He was declared academically ineligible, and declared for the supplemental NFL Draft.
- DB Jeremy Webb Jr.: Tore his Achilles tendon during offseason workouts and is out for the season.
- OLB Mook Reynolds: Dismissed from the team
QB Josh Jackson’s eligibility was seemingly up in the air, too. It was later clarified that he’s still with the team. Oh, and did we mention who VT opens this this year? Florida State — on the road! Yeesh. Good luck, Bud Foster.
Thanks for your visiting on this page Virginia Tech’s defense has taken 10 losses this offseason, We hope this post can be a good reference for you and provide useful information for you :-).
This article is sourced from: Here